Summer Camp 2019
June 24-August 2nd, 2019
Registration Opens: January 22, 2019 – please come back then!
Summers at Play On Philly are an opportunity for musical and social-emotional growth. Students participants, grades 1-12, come from our school-year programming and from across the city of Philadelphia. Ensembles perform regularly for other campers, off-campus and in formal concerts for family and friends. Please read on for information about summer sessions and registration.
Elementary and Middle School Students (rising 1st – 8th graders)
8:00am – 3:15pm
Session One: June 24 – July 5 (July 4 – No Programming)
Session Two: July 8 – July 19
Session Three: July 22 – August 2
- Class Offerings: Choir, Group Class, Wind Ensemble, String Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Instrument Making, Composition, Private Lessons
- Past Session Themes: POP Goes to the Movies, I’ve Got Rhythm, Musical Passport
- Musical Focus: Ensemble Playing, Instrument Technique, Creativity and Exploration
High School Students (rising 9th – 12th graders)
10:30am – 5:15pm (option 8:30 am class)
Session One: June 24 – July 12
Session Two: July 15 – August 2
- Class Offerings: Symphony Orchestra, Instrument Making/Repair, Composition, Recording, Pop Strings, Brass Band, Junior Teaching Artist
- Past High School Projects: Unapologetically Black, POP Mixtape
- Musical Focus: Ensemble Playing, Instrument Technique and Refinement, Music and Social Justice
Breakfast and lunch are provided.
*Each session is unique. Families may register for one, two or all three sessions!
If you would like to learn more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poetry & Ekphrastic Music Mixtape – Summer ’18
During POP Summer Institute 2018, students learned about Ekphrastic Art, or art in one medium that is inspired by a piece of art in another medium. Students spent time reflecting on pieces of poetry and art, practicing a variety of compositional and improvisational techniques, and composing music inspired by poems that they chose. Listen below!